I would like to take a mathematics class at another institution in the US. How do I get approval for the transfer credit?
- Course title and description (a link to the appropriate course/program is very helpful)
- The name of the institution that is offering the course
- A syllabus for the course (if a current syllabus is unavailable, a past syllabus for the same course or a link to the course web page may suffice)
- The name of the textbook and the sections to be covered
- The name of the corresponding course at Dickinson College (if appropriate)
- The Enrollment in Another Institution form (here is some more information about transfer credits on the registrar's web page)
Students looking for Calculus transfer credits: There are many varieties of calculus, all with different content and levels of rigor. Because of the linear nature of the calculus sequence it is important that the course matches up well with our calculus course. (For example, courses with titles such as "Introduction to Calculus," "Applied Calculus," "Calculus for the Life [or Biological] Sciences," and "Business Calculus" typically do not transfer in as our Math 170.)
Mathematics majors who wish to take courses that count toward the major are strongly encouraged to take mathematics electives, not required courses.