When Living Is a Co-curricular Experience
Take a stroll around campus and you’ll see that the Dickinson learning experience is all around you.
From the greenhouse to the Treehouse, the Dog House to the Gear Box, the Kline Center expansion to the newly named Mermaid Trellis, engagement is the name of the game. Students and faculty members gather at these spots and countless others to explore and discuss, and every spot becomes a learning environment.
Thanks to your gifts, our students call many community spaces and groups home, including:
- campus outdoor-outfitter the Gear Box, which opened for business recently, lending camping and other outdoor equipment to the Dickinson community
- the LEED-Gold-certified Kline Center expansion, which recently graced the cover of Athletic Business magazine’s 29th-annual “Architectural Showcase” issue
- the Mermaid Society Trellis, named for the Mermaid Society, members of the Dickinson community who have donated annually to the college for three years
- more than 100 student clubs and organizations, including clubs that cater to languages, gaming, politics, sports and finance
- diverse student life organizations such as the Center for Service, Spirituality and Social Justice; the Esther Popel Shaw Center for Race and Ethnicity; and the Women’s & Gender Resource Center
- 6 dining spaces, including the main Dining Hall, named in 2016 a 3-Star Certified Green Restaurant by the Green Restaurant Association
“While academic success is a priority, it is equally important to be engaged with other activities. Dickinson offers a wealth of learning experiences outside of the classroom.” —David Chow ’16
To make a Dickinson Fund gift supporting student life, choose "student life" on the online giving form or call 800-543-3809
To make a major gift supporting student life, call 800-543-3809.