The Center for Spirituality and Social Justice supports students in finding a place to practice their faith tradition, learning about new faith traditions and exploring spirituality and the big questions in life. CSSJ also supports student groups.
Support for Students
Worship Spaces and Schedules
On campus, worship space is available to students throughout the week through the Prayer and Meditation Room. Worship occurs for Christian and Jewish students weekly on campus. In addition, students of all faith traditions join the local community in worship. For information about faith communities in the Carlisle area, see the Local Faith Communities flyer.
Prayer and Meditation Room
Open 24 hours - a space for personal or small group prayer and meditation open to the entire Dickinson Community.
Bottom Floor HUB (near FAS Mail Room)
Dickinson Christian Fellowship Service
Mondays at 7pm in Memorial Hall in Old West
Roman Catholic Mass
Sundays at 3:00 pm in Allison Interfaith Chapel.
Confessions are 2-2:45 pm in Room 124 Allison Hall (across from the Interfaith Chapel)
Fridays 6-7pm at the Asbell Center for Jewish Life, Kosher dinner follows
For more information, visit the Asbell Center for Jewish Life.
For more information about religious organizations at Dickinson, visit the Religious Organizations page.
Our director, Cody Nielsen, offers one on one and group spiritual direction to help individuals feel more connected to their faith tradition, find their spiritual direction, or find that deeper and more meaningful "something" in life. If you are interested in knowing more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Get Involved
Support for Student Groups
- Reserving Space: If you need space for an event, you can book the interfaith prayer chapel in Allison Hall or the Allison Community Room for other events.
- Coordinating with Other Groups: Email CSSJ@dickinson.edu with details of what you want to do, how you want to do it, and in what ways we can help you.
- Starting New Religious Groups: Don't have a student group for your religious tradition yet, but want to start one? Email CSSJ@dickinson.edu
- Transportation: CSSJ vans are available to student religious groups on a first come, first served basis. Contact Lori Loudon at email@example.com to reserve vans.
- Any other questions, concerns or requests can be directed to CSSJ@dickinson.edu.