The Office of Equity & Inclusivity envisions itself as a coalition of offices rooted in advancing principles of social justice. We approach our work intersectionally with an understanding that ability, class, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, sexuality and other social identities operate in an overlapping, simultaneous fashion.
Our offices collaborate regularly to provide the most thorough support for the communities we serve. Our individual missions differ, but we ultimately aim to increase campus awareness of how various forms of oppression impact communities and provide tools to combat multiple forms of injustice and inequity. To this end we offer educational opportunities to build capacity, programs focused on developing awareness of domestic and global issues and social events with a cultural focus.
Office of Equity and Inclusivity offices
- Center for Spirituality & Social Justice (CSSJ), Director position currently unfilled
- Asbell Center for Jewish Life, Marley Weiner, Director (262 W. High Street)
- Office of LGBTQ Services, Todd Nordgren, Director
- Popel Shaw Center for Race & Ethnicity (PSC), Vincent Stephens, Director
- Women’s & Gender Resource Center (WGRC), Donna Bickford, Director
Each office has a unique mission. Some of the common services our offices offer the Dickinson community include the following:
- Culturally relevant programs
- Film screenings and book discussions
- Training and development workshops
- Off-campus trips
- Student leadership and development opportunities
- Connection to resources & support
We are located at 101 S. College Street, on the corner of South College and West Pomfret. Come and visit!