The Advising, Internships & Career Center uses the Handshake database to post internships, research, jobs (full-time, part-time, summer), scholarships and fellowships.
NOTICE: The Dickinson College Advising, Internships & Career Center makes every reasonable effort to screen employers and opportunities that appear on our website. However, we cannot guarantee that every employer and posting you will encounter is legitimate. Consequently, we urge users of the site to learn as much as you can about the opportunities you are considering.
THE COLLEGE’S SCREENING PROCESS IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE.
To learn more about red flags for fraud and what you can do to learn more, please read our Fraudulent Posting Notice.
If you suspect a posting is fraudulent, do not click on any links and do not provide any personal information.
Please contact the Dickinson Advising, Internships & Career Center immediately and end all communication with the employer.
So, what is Handshake and how can you access the system?
Handshake is Dickinson's career management system where students and alumni can:
- View and sign up for events/programs run by our office
- Search for jobs and internships (full-time, part-time, and summer opportunities)
- Search internships exclusively for Dickinson students passed along by alumni, parents, friends, and local organizations
- Apply and sign up for on-campus and virtual employer information sessions and interviews
- Search for post-graduate fellowships
Need help using the Handshake system? Review the training videos and instructions on the Handshake system or contact the Advising, Internships & Career Center at email@example.com.
How can you access the system?
- Current Student Users:
- Visit Handshake and click on Student Login
- Log in using your Dickinson Gateway crednetials
- *Handshake can also be found within your Gateway
- Alumni Users: If you have previously shared your non-Dickinson email with the College your Handshake account is automatically updated with that email. You can log back in by following the below steps:
- Visit Handshake
- Choose “Dickinson College” as your school.
- Choose ‘Sign in with your email address’ at the bottom in blue
- It will then ask you to enter your email address. Even though it says to enter a Dickinson address, you don’t have to. Enter the email that you used to sign up for an account.
- You should then be presented with the window that gives you the option to log in as a Student or Alumni. Choose Alumni and enter your password. If you do not remember your password, you can reset it by choosing Forgot Password.
- If you are unsure about this or you do not remember what email you used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you upload your resume?
Students who have a completed resume should upload it into the system. If you don't have a resume, or would like a resume critque please access our drop-in hours or schedule an appointment with a career advisor to get started on your document.
For further assistance, please contact our office at email@example.com or (717) 245-1740.