Passwords are the first line of defense in protecting your privacy.
- For students--you have access to systems at Dickinson that store your grades, class schedules, and financial information that can be used by criminals to steal your identity.
- For faculty and staff--you have access to systems at Dickinson that store information about you that can be used to commit identity theft AND information about students that must be protected by state and federal law.
Protect your personal information and the personal information of those we serve by setting strong passwords according to the following guidelines.
- Do not share your passwords with anyone.
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and include a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Passwords should not contain names or permutations of personal data such as social security numbers, dates of birth, etc.
- Change your password regularly.
- Default passwords must be changed on a user’s first login.
- Do not use the same password for each site that you access.
If you would like help with your Dickinson account ID and password, contact the User Services Help Desk at helpdesk@Dickinson.edu or 717-245-1000. You can also visit the Help Desk on the lower level of the Waidner-Spahr Library.
- Dickinson: Reset/Unlock Your Dickinson Password
- Dickinson: Responsible Use of Electronic Communications & Network Services Policy
- Dickinson: Tips for creating a strong password
- Stay Safe Online: Passwords and Securing Your Accounts