Six Steps for Declaring the SINE Certificate
- Complete or be currently enrolled in SINE 201.
- Download the Intention to Complete a Certificate or Minor form or pick up a hard copy from the Registrar's office. In ink, fill in your Banner ID# and name, and check the box for the SINE certificate. Also, sign and date the form.
- Meet with your SINE advisor to have him/her sign your form and to discuss with him/her your course plan for your SINE electives.
- Have the SINE faculty coordinator sign your form. The current SINE faculty coordinator is Prof. Helen Takacs. Her office is Althouse 104. If Prof. Takacs is not in her office when you stop by, leave your form in the mailbin by her office door and send her an email to let her know you have dropped off your form. She will sign your form as soon as possible and email you to let you know it is signed.
- Take your fully completed and signed form to the Registrar's office.
- Once you have submitted this declaration form to the Registrar, you will need to also register for the electronic dossier that is part of the SINE certificate program. Log into Gateway and click on the Forms section. The SINE Certificate registration is linked on the left-side menu. Click on this and begin your registration process. You will need to upload the SINE purpose statement and elective course plan that you wrote and developed in SINE 201 to complete this registration. You will know that the registration is submitted correctly when you receive an automatically generated confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, contact the SINE Administrative Assistant.