The Dickinson Parents Leadership Council (PLC) consists of the college’s most committed parents, who provide insight and resources to enhance Dickinson’s academic programs, co-curricular opportunities and national reputation.
Through semiannual meetings and regional programming, PLC members strengthen the college’s network of parents, while facilitating strong philanthropic support from fellow parents. Members of the council also play a leadership role among Dickinson donors by supporting the college with an annual gift of $2,500 or more.
As the parent leaders of the Dickinson community, PLC members bring expertise, resources and a passion for Dickinson to the table, and their work and involvement is greatly valued. PLC members contribute to the college in numerous ways, including the following:
- Supporting the Dickinson Fund with an annual gift at the John Dickinson Society level or higher
- Being an advocate for Dickinson and serving as a resource for families in their geographic areas
- Hosting and attending regional events
- Making phone calls, signing appeal letters or making personal visits to encourage other Dickinson parents to support the college
- Assisting the college’s advancement staff by recommending and identifying potential PLC members
If you are interested in learning more about the Parents Leadership Council, please contact Sarah Masland-Fatherree, director of parent relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-245-1687.