The Dickinson College Women's and Gender Resource Center promotes and fosters gender education and equity by providing resources, sponsoring events, and encouraging conversation and dialogue.
Dickinson College opened its first institutional Women's Center in 2008, but the Women's & Gender Resource Center (WGRC)
has existed in a variety of forms since 1983. It is significant that this year also marked the bicentennial of the college's founding. Dickinson has been a trailblazer in women's education; female-identified students were admitted to the college in 1884, nearly a century in advance of students at Franklin and Marshall, Princeton, and a host of other top American institutions. Dickinson's pursuit of independence and active learning necessitates that all of our students benefit from the competitive edge of gender-based education.
Our office is located in Landis House with staff available from 9am until 4:30pm.