Do I have to take the mathematics placement exam?
Yes, you are required to take the placement exam before you matriculate at the college, even if you do not plan to take a mathematics class at Dickinson. The only exceptions are the listed below. (Note: use the online placement guide for more detailed information on mathematics placement.)
- Students who scored 3, 4, or 5 on the AB Advanced Placement Calculus exam
- Students who scored 4, or 5 on the BC Advanced Placement Calculus exam
- Students who scored a 1, 2 or 3 on the BC Advanced Placement Calculus exam, but received an AB subscore of 3, 4, or 5
- Students who scored an A or B on the Britsh Mathematics A Level Exam
- Students who scored a 5 or higher on one of the International Baccalaureate exams in mathematics