Do I have to take the mathematics placement exam?
Yes, you are required to take the placement exam before you matriculate at the college, even if you do not plan to take a mathematics class at Dickinson. The only exceptions are the listed below. (Note: use the online placement guide for more detailed information on mathematics placement.)
- Students who scored 3, 4, or 5 on the AB Advanced Placement Calculus exam
- Students who scored 4, or 5 on the BC Advanced Placement Calculus exam
- Students who scored a 1, 2 or 3 on the BC Advanced Placement Calculus exam, but received an AB subscore of 3, 4, or 5
- Students who scored an A or B on the Britsh Mathematics A Level Exam
- Students who scored a 5 or higher on one of the International Baccalaureate exams in mathematics
If you are not an incoming student and have not taken the exam, contact the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science for information on how to take the exam.