Apply Online

Complete and submit your application through the Common Application online, to include:

  • The Common Application, including Dickinson's member questions and Writing Supplement
  • Transfer College Report (required for all colleges/universities attended)
  • Mid-Term Report (in-progress grades for current term)
  • Academic Evaluation (college instructor preferred)
  • Application fee (or fee waiver)
  • Official College Transcript(s) (required for all colleges/universities attended)
  • Official Secondary School Transcript or GED (must include a completion date)

All forms may be requested electronically through the Common Application. (For example, you may submit a request through the Common Application to your college registrar for an official transcript.) If you are unable to request forms electronically you will be given the option to download and print PDFs of these forms for submission on paper.

After submitting your application, you can track your application on our site to make sure it's complete.


In September 2020, Dickinson became one of the first liberal-arts colleges in the U.S. to move to a test-free admissions process and we have extended that policy through the fall 2023 admissions cycle. By declaring that we are test free, the admissions committee will not factor testing scores into a decision about enrollment, even if scores are submitted. While we have been test optional since 1994, we believe we need to go further to alleviate student concerns so that they will avoid crowded testing centers and make decisions for the health and safety of their families. View our Test-Free FAQ for additional information.

International Transfer Applicants

Dickinson requires English language testing for all international applicants. Students who graduated from an English medium high school and attended for three or more years or have earned a 3.0 or better in the equivalent of English 101 or higher, may request a waiver.

International applicants must also submit additional financial documentation as part of their application. See the International Scholarships and Financial Aid website for additional information and requirements.

International transfer students whose academic transcripts are from a college or university located outside the United States are required to have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES) after they have been accepted to Dickinson and paid their enrollment deposit. WES is an international academic credit evaluation agency. Dickinson College requires the Comprehensive Course by Course evaluation.

Questions About Applying?

Please visit our Transfer FAQ page or connect with us by email.

Thank you for your interest in applying to Dickinson! We look forward to receiving your application materials.