Legal Name Change Process

In order to guard against identity theft, requests for legal name changes must be accompanied by official documentation of the change. Please mail one of the following to the Registrar's Office with your request:

  1. Notarized copy of driver’s license, government issued I.D. card, or Social Security card showing your new legal name, or
  2. Notarized copy of marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order documenting the legal name change.

The mailing address for the Registrar's Office is:

Dickinson College, Registrar's Office, PO BOX 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013-2896

If you are on campus, you may bring the originals of the above documents to the Registrar’s Office (located in Biddle House). They will make the legal name change and return the original documents to you immediately.

Requests for legal name changes cannot be honored without the documentation above.