The Center for Advising, Internships & Lifelong Career Development uses the Handshake database to post internships, research, jobs (full-time, part-time, summer), scholarships and fellowships.
NOTICE: The Dickinson College Center for Advising, Internships & Lifelong Career Development makes every reasonable effort to screen employers and opportunities that appear on our website. However, we cannot guarantee that every employer and posting you will encounter is legitimate. Consequently, we urge users of the site to learn as much as you can about the opportunities you are considering.
THE COLLEGE’S SCREENING PROCESS IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE.
To learn more about red flags for fraud and what you can do to learn more, please read our Fraudulent Posting Notice.
If you suspect a posting is fraudulent, do not click on any links and do not provide any personal information.
Please contact the Dickinson Center for Advising, Internships & Lifelong Career Development immediately and end all communication with the employer.
So, what is Handshake and how can you access the system?
Handshake is Dickinson's career management system where students and alumni can:
- Apply and sign up for On-Campus Interviews or resume referrals
- Search All Jobs (Full-time Part-time or Summer Opportunities)
- Search internships exclusively for Dickinson students passed along by alumni, parents, friends, and local organizations
- Search for Grad Scholarships & Fellowships
- View and sign up for events/programs
Need help using the Handshake system? Review the training videos and instructions on the Handshake system or contact the Center for Advising, Internships & Lifelong Career Development office.
How can you access the system?
- Current Student Users:
- Current students can sign in to Handshake using their Gateway credentials.
- Click on Academic Resources on the sidebar
- Click on the Handshake link under the Center for Advising, Internships & Lifelong Career Development Resources heading
- You will be logged into your Handshake account
- Alumni Users: You may already have an active account. Click on the "Try My .edu Email First" button to check. If there is no account on file for your email address, click on the "Register for a New Account" button.
ALUMNI, PLEASE NOTE: Once you have access to the Handshake system, update your profile information and change your email to a personal email address.
How can you upload your resume?
Students who have a completed resume should upload it into the system. If you don't have a resume, or would like a resume critque please access our drop-in hours or schedule an appointment with a peer advisor to get started on your document.
For further assistance, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 245-1740.