Offer Details, Support, and Feedback
- Competitive sites offer challenging and rigorous responsibilities, opportunities to reflect, and continuous feedback.
- Opportunities are most attractive to students when they provide a thorough explanation of responsibilities and possible remuneration/compensation.
- Students choose from a variety of internship sites and make initial contact through email or telephone.
- Provide the Career Center with as much information about your organization and internship as possible by completing the Posting Form.
- Update your organization's information at any time throughout the semester to ensure accuracy.
- Recruit and select top-notch candidates through Dickinson's on-campus recruiting opportunities, information sessions, and online posting systems (Handshake and LACN).
*If you would like to recruit using Dickinson's on-campus recruiting program, or would like to know more about the program, please contact the Career Center at 717-245-1740. This is an excellent way to connect with students while establishing visibility for your organization
Create the Demand
- Offer challenging opportunities for the student to apply his or her knowledge to meaningful assignments.
- Provide consistent supervision by an on-site professional.
- Assist in designing learning objectives that are unique for the given student and experience.
- Evaluate the intern's performance at the end of the semester by means of an evaluation form.
- Occasionally consult with a Dickinson liaison regarding the student's progress.
Below you will find additional information to assist you in your hiring process: