Applicants whose classroom instruction or research will require IBC review are encouraged to read the following documents on biosafety policies and procedures in addition to receiving specific biosafety training. Applicants may be required to reference specific sections of these documents as part of the protocol review.
Recombinant and Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules
- NIH Office of Biotechnology Activities
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acid Molecules
- NIH Biosafety Considerations for research with Lentiviral Vectors
Microorganisms and Bological Toxins
- CDC Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories
- CDC-APHIS National Select Agent Registry
- Material Safety Data Sheet for Infectious Substances
- ABSA Risk Group Classification for Infectious Agents; Bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi
Human and Mammalian tissue, including Blood, Body Fluids
- CDC Working with Human and other Primate Tissue
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Standards for Bloodborne Pathogens
Materials Transfer Agreements (MTAs)
- Dickinson has an arrangement with Addgene to speed up the filing and signing of MTA's with electronic signatures. Just use your Dickinson email when sending a request to Addgene; no need to notify the IBC or IBC Adminsitrator you are doing so.