The Office of LGBTQ Services offers a variety of training and educational opportunities for the campus community. We have a number of consistent trainings that we try to offer every year, but we are also interested and excited to collaborate with you to create a program that can best serve your needs and goals. Please feel free to contact us at LGBTQ@dickinson.edu to see if we might be able to provide your group and/or organization with an educational session.
The Ally Workshop is designed to encourage members of the community to begin to think about acting as allies to members of the LGBTQQIA community.
LGBTQ 101 – Online Training Module
This online training is designed to provide the participant with an important baseline of knowledge in an accessible and self-directed format. It is our hope that by completing LGBTQ 101 you will have:
- An understanding of basic terminology
- A clear grasp of the various dimensions of identity
- An introduction to the notion of privilege
- Information about pronouns and why they are important
- Understanding of some of the symbols of the LGBTQ community
- Options for how to continue learning more
If you are interested in being added to the LGBTQ 101 Moodle – please contact LGBTQ@dickinson.edu with “LGBTQ 101 Moodle” in the subject.
Additinonal topics for Educational Trainings
- Gender Inclusive Bathrooms
- Gender Inclusive Housing
- Healthy LGBTQ+ Relationships
- Polyamorous Relations
- Understanding trans/gender non-conforming
- Creating inclusive spaces