English Senior Thesis Format
Rules for Submission of the Senior Thesis in English at Dickinson College
1. The final draft of the senior thesis:
A. Should be a minimum of 10,000 words and a maximum of 15,000 words (approximately 35 to 50 pages), not including apparatus (works cited, acknowledgements, etc.), in 12-point Times New Roman typeface with 1” margins. Word count must be appended to the document upon submission.
B. Should correctly follow MLA format, including the works cited pages.
2. Students must submit two copies of their final thesis:
For grading: One copy, print or digital format to be determined by the instructor, submitted to the instructor by 5 p.m. on Friday of the 12th week of classes. (If this date is a College-recognized religious holiday, the due date will be 5 p.m. the Monday following.) By department policy, late papers will receive a grade of F.
For the College Archives: One digital copy due by same time (5 p.m. on Friday of the 12th week of classes) to the appropriate 404 Moodle Forum. This file must be in .pdf form.
3. All two copies should be fully paginated, including any acknowledgments, preface, appendices, and works cited.
4. The title page of all two copies of the thesis should include full title, author, date of submission, and the name of the 404 instructor.
5. Grades for English 404 will not be submitted until ALL copies of your 404 thesis are received.
Revised April 2017