All biology majors must include a research experience as part of their undergraduate program. All biology majors will be required to present the results of their research experience in on-campus symposia or at regional or national conferences.
This requirement may be satisfied by the successful completion of any one of the following:
- An independent research project OR a student/faculty collaborative research project for biology credit
- An off-campus internship with significant research component
- Seminar (BIOL 412)
- A research experience not covered by the above but deemed equivalent
Ready to submit a proposal? Proposals should be submitted to the student's faculty advisor, who will determine whether the completed experience satisfies the research experience requirement.
- Research Requirement Preliminary Plan Form 1 (Sophomores/Juniors)
- Research Requirement Final Outcome Form 2 (Seniors)
On-Campus Symposia for Students
Two major on-campus symposia in which students are encouraged to participate are:
- Biology Student Research Symposium - November 2017
- The Annual Science Student Research Symposium - April 2018