The award-winning Dickinson Magazine is the college’s primary vehicle of communication with members of the Dickinson community. It is published four times a year by the Office of Marketing and Communications and is mailed free to alumni and parents of current students.
Michelle Simmons, Editor
Lauren Davidson, Assistant Editor
Matt Getty, Contributing Writer
MaryAlice Bitts-Jackson, Contributing Writer
Tony Moore, Contributing Writer
Stay in Touch
- Web: dickinson.edu/magazine
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DickinsonMagazine
- Phone: 717-245-1289
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To forge stronger connections to the college among alumni, parents, students, faculty, staff, friends and donors
- To reflect a diversity of viewpoints and experiences across generations of readers
- To stimulate debate on academic and public issues
- To remind readers of the distinguished history of one of America’s oldest colleges
- To create copy that is lively, with a distinctive voice, and that brings to life people and events that are outside the mainstream
Class Correspondents Program
Class correspondents are volunteers who act as a communications liaisons between the college and their classmates. Correspondents are responsible for collecting class notes to be published in Dickinson Magazine. Correspondents' contact information is published in the magazine so that their classmates can send personal and professional updates.
In addition, the magazine staff notifies correspondents of updates we receive via newspapers or other non-classmate sources and asks correspondents to call or e-mail the classmate for verification and publication approval. The staff of Dickinson Magazine edits notes for style and consistency and may, in some cases, be in touch for clarification.
Dickinson Magazine is published four times per year. A publication schedule with deadlines will be provided to all correspondents.
For more information or to become a correspondent, contact email@example.com. If you currently are a correspondent and find yourself unable to fulfill the duties, please contact us so that other alumni have the opportunity to participate.
Submitting Class Notes and Wedding Photos
We welcome news from all alumni for print in Dickinson Magazine. You can submit a class note or wedding announcement through the Dickinson Gateway or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If submitting a print photo, please mail to:
P.O. Box 1773
Carlisle, PA 17013
If submitting a digital photo, please send a high-resolution .jpg file to email@example.com. It is important to list everyone's name in the photo from left to right. Print photos will be returned after publication.
The magazine is published four times a year, in January, April, July and October.