Federal Perkins Loan Program (Federal Student Loan)

A Federal Perkins Loan is a low-interest (5 percent APR) loan for both undergraduate and graduate students. A student does not begin paying back the loan until nine (9) months after graduation or separation from the College. This loan is awarded by the Financial Aid Office and is serviced by Campus Partners. Campus Partners will contact you via your Dickinson email address to complete the entrance counseling and MPN (Master Promissory Note) online. If a student continues their education by enrolling in another college or graduate school, the student is responsible for deferring the loan(s) until after graduation. The student must be enrolled as at least a half-time student and will be required to notify Dickinson College of their on-going educational enrollment of at least half-time status each semester to retain a deferral on the Federal Perkins loans. Proof of registration in another educational institution will be required. Deferment forms may be obtained by accessing Campus Partners. Search the "Forms for Borrowers" to select the necessary form(s) based on the request (deferment, forbearance, etc).

The Abe and Cora Hurwitz Student Loan Program

The Abe and Cora Hurwitz Student Loan is a low-interest (5 percent APR) loan that is awarded by the Financial Aid Office to selected students and is serviced by Campus Partners. Similar to the Federal Perkins Loan, interest does not accrue on this loan until graduation occurs or matriculation ends at Dickinson College. After a 6 (six) month grace period, the monthly payment will be at least $40.00 [including both principle and interest, and will extend no more than a maximum of ten years (120 months) for repayment.]

Hurwitz Loan Exit Counseling FAQ

Question:  Who is Campus Partners?
Answer:  Campus Partners is the loan servicing agent who will be sending out your monthly billing statements. You may choose to have a paper billing statement sent to your permanent address or create an E-Billing account on-line.

Question:  Do I have a grace period?
Answer:  Yes, the Hurwitz Loan has a six month grace period after separation from Dickinson College.

Question:  When does my interest start to accrue on my loan?
Answer:  Exactly six months from your date of separation (ex. May 17, 2015 – November 17, 2015 interest will start to accrue).

Question:  When will my first loan payment be due?
Answer:  Approximately 31 days after interest starts to accrue (ex. December 28, 2015).

Question:  Can I pay my loan off early without penalties?
Answer:  Yes, there are no penalties if you pay your loan off early. If you pay your loan off prior to interest starting to accrue, only the principle amount of your loan would be due.

Question:  What is E-Bill?
Answer:  Campus Partners provides borrowers with the option to receive email notices instead of paper billing statements. By enrolling in E-Bill, borrowers receive an email notification instead of a paper billing statement. To enroll in E-Bill, you must register on-line at You will need to provide a valid email address other than your Dickinson College email address to register.

Question:  How do I pay my loan?
Answer:  If you sign up for E-Bill, your email notification will contain a link to, which takes the borrower to the mycampusloan home page. The borrower must log on to mycampusloan to view their statement and then select “Pay my loan.”

Question:  Are there other options for making payments?
Answer:  Yes, the borrower may set up an AutoDraft with Campus Partners. By using AutoDraft, borrowers do not have to worry about making their student loan payment on-time because their loan payments are automatically drafted from their account. A borrower can enroll in, change, or cancel AutoDraft through mycampusloan. This option only applies to borrowers who have a United States bank account.

Question:  Will Campus Partners accept credit card payments?
Answer:  Yes, Campus Partners will accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover.

Question:  What if I don’t have a United States bank account?
Answer:  You may pay online through peerTransfer, Ctrl Click on the link below:

Question:  Will peertransfer accept bank transfers and debit/credit card payments from my home country?
Answer:  Yes, payments can be made from over 95 countries and are continuing to expand.

Question:  Can I wire transfer a payment directly to Dickinson College?
Answer:  Yes, you may contact me at and I will email you the Hurwitz loan wiring instructions.

Question:  If I return to my home country, can I set up a special payment arrangement to pay every six months instead of monthly?
Answer:  Yes, Dickinson College allows this special payment arrangement. Please contact our office for specific details pertaining to this payment plan.

Question:  What happens if my loan is past due?
Answer:  If your loan is past due 30 days it is automatically credit reported to three major credit bureaus. (Trans Union Corporation, Equifax Information Services and Experian)

Question:  Will this have a negative impact on my credit report?
Answer:  Yes.

Question:  What happens if I don’t pay my loan and do not contact Dickinson College?
Answer:  After 120 days of non-payment the loan will be automatically placed with a collection agency. Collection costs are as high as 35%.

Question:  Can I apply for an in-school deferment if I continue my education?
Answer:  Yes, Dickinson College allows for a borrower to continue their education and defer their loan payments while enrolled as a full-time student at another institution. The borrower must supply Dickinson College with a verification of enrollment each semester to ensure the loan is qualified to be deferred. You may contact your Registrar’s Office for proof of enrollment.

Question:  What happens if I forget to supply an updated verification of enrollment to Dickinson College?
Answer:  The borrower’s loan will automatically go into repayment. The borrower’s principle and interest payments will begin after any grace periods have expired.

Question:  What if I am experiencing an economic hardship, unemployment or illness?
Answer:  Please contact Campus Partners or Dickinson College immediately. Dickinson College has forbearance options available to our borrowers. Upon completion of the Request for Forbearance form and proper documentation of income and expenses, a review of your request will be rendered. The borrower will be contacted and informed if the request has been granted. The borrower will also be contacted if additional information is needed to substantiate income and expenses as part of the request. All information is kept confidential in this process.

Question:  If I am approved, how long will my loan be granted the forbearance?
Answer:  Dickinson College has made available up to a six month period of forbearance. Interest continues to accrue during this period of forbearance.

Question:  Who do I contact if I have questions on my loan?
Answer:  You may log on to Campus Partners and click on Students and Borrowers then After you login, you will have access to all your loan information 24/7.

Question:  What if I still have questions on my loan?
Answer:  You may call Campus Partners (800) 334-8609. International callers (336)607-2000, option 1. Borrower service representatives are available Monday-Friday 8 AM to 8 PM.

Dickinson College
Marcie Hippensteel
Student Accounts Office
Phone: (717) 245-1748