The Department of Earth Sciences occupies the northern end of the Kaufman Building, a modern facility with state-of-the-art teaching and laboratory space. Students engaged in independent research in the earth sciences have their own office space and share labs with faculty. Students and faculty can avail themselves of a full range of equipment and materials for field and laboratory study appropriate to an undergraduate education in geology.
- GPS address: 400 West North Street, Carlisle PA 17013
- Mailing address
- Driving directions to the Kaufman Building
- Map to the Kaufman Building
Research and Teaching Labs, Equipment & Collections
- Map of faculty and staff offices, teaching and research labs
- Rennie-Rilling Museum of Earth Sciences
Equipment: Numerous specialized pieces of equipment are available in the department. Some of these are listed below. All equipment is available to students for coursework and research projects. It is assumed that students will obtain instruction on their use and care, and will help keep that equipment in good condition.
- Sample prep & thin sectioning
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
In fact our entire campus is a teaching resource! Learn more about our: