Skip To Content Skip To Menu Skip To Footer

Financial Aid Document Submission FAQ's


How can I submit Financial Aid documents?

IDOC - If you completed a CSS Profile, you will receive a link in your email for the College Board Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). With IDOC; financial aid documents can be submitted to College Board and transferred into our secure database. This process usually takes 3-5 business days. There is not a file limit, but files cannot be larger than 9 MB. 

Dickinson College Secure Document Submission  - Current and prospective students can use this form to securely upload required documents straight into our database. Documents must be separated (do not combine more than one requested item in the same document), and they must be either .pdf, .doc, or .docx files. Documents will take 48–78 hours to be added to the student's file.

What are the document deadlines?

Admission Program Admission & Financial Aid Postmark Deadline IDOC Deadline FAFSA Submission Deadline
Early Decision I November 15 November 22 February 1
Early Decision II January 15 January 22 February 1
Regular Decision January 15 January 22 February 1

What should I do if I can't meet the published deadline?

If you are unable to meet the deadline, please contact our office as soon as possible to explain the extenuating circumstances preventing you from meeting the deadline. 

Why would I need to submit documents?

CSS Profile - As part of the CSS Profile process, additional documentation is required to verify information on the form. 

FAFSA - If you submitted a FAFSA, you may be selected for federal verification. This is a process that requires institutions to verify the accuracy of the information on the student's FAFSA. To do this, we will need additional documentation such as verification worksheets, tax returns, wage statements, identification documentation, and other additional documents. 

Conflicting Information - Most of the information on the CSS Profile and FAFSA should align. If there are differences that need to be resolved, you may be required to submit additional documentation. 

Will I be notified which documents are needed?

Students will be notified by email what additional documents/forms we need. Due to this, it is extremely important that students are checking their email regularly during the financial aid application process

Do I need to send you copies of the FAFSA or CSS Profile?

If you listed Dickinson College on the CSS Profile and FAFSA, the information on these forms is sent directly to us electronically once they are processed (3-5 days). 

My parents are either divorced, separated, or were never married, do you need income tax returns from both households?

While Dickinson College requires a CSS Profile from both households, we do not require the noncustodial parent's tax return and W2 forms. 

I do not have contact with my noncustodial parent, what should I do?

If you do not have contact with your noncustodial parent, you may submit a Noncustodial Parent Waiver

If a student's parents do not have an SSN/SIN, what should the student enter in the IDOC portal?

A parent, student, or spouse who does not have an SSN or SIN, should leave the field blank. Do not enter a fake number or all zeros. Make sure that the name listed in family information matches the name they have on their documents exactly (no nicknames, don’t use a hyphenated name in one place and not the other, etc.). Finally, please write your IDOC ID number on the documents that don’t have it already, such as foreign tax returns.