Dickinson College Public Safety Officers, who are also sworn Pennsylvania police officers, may issue a Pennsylvania Summary Citation (at the officer's discretion) in addition to a college disciplinary referral, when a Dickinson student:
- Knowingly makes a false statement, either orally or in writing, to any College official or agent.
- Engages in behavior which may be threatening, violent or disorderly or when such behavior persists after reasonable warning or request to desist has been issued by a College official or agent.
- Intentionally obstructs or fails to comply with the request of a College official engaged in the lawful performance of his/her duties.
- Intentionally or recklessly interferes with normal College activities -- Examples of such activities/functions include, but are not limited to: studying, teaching, public speaking, research, administration of the College or emergency operations.
- Is a habitual violator of College policy, local, state or federal laws.
- ...and/or when a non-student is involved in an activity that may be a violation of local, state or federal law.