FINAL GRADES ARE DUE
BY NOON, TUESDAY, JULY 22, 2014
Final grades are entered using Banner Self-Service through the Dickinson Gateway.
Below are important details about:
Grade status emails
Posting grades to transcripts
If you have any questions regarding grading in Banner Self-Service, feel free to contact the Registrar's Office - firstname.lastname@example.org or x1315.
TO ENTER YOUR FINAL GRADES:
- Go to https://gateway.dickinson.edu
- Enter your User Name (your Dickinson e-mail address without @dickinson.edu) & Password, then click the Login button
- NOTE: If you have forgotten your password, click on the "Forgot your password?" link.
- Click on the SSB Button
- Select Faculty & Advisors Menu
- Select Final Grades
- Select the term from the drop-down menu and click Submit
- Select the CRN from the drop-down menu and click Submit
- Select the appropriate grade for each student listed from the drop-down menu:
- If the student is taking the course pass/fail, the only drop-down options will be PA & FA.If the course is offered credit/no credit, the only drop-down options will be CR & NC.
- If the student is auditing your course and has:
- Completed the course, select AU from the drop-down menu
- Not completed the course, send an e-mail to Samantha Nenninger (email@example.com) indicating the student hasn't completed the audit.
- If you wish to submit an incomplete for a student, you must complete the Incomplete Grade Report Form. Leave the grade listed as None on Banner Self-Service for the student.
- If the student has officially withdrawn from your course or the college, a W grade will already be entered and posted to the student's transcript.
- If there is a case pending regarding a student's grade, send an e-mail to Samantha Nenninger (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting her know.
- If the student has already received a penalty grade in your course, that grade will already be entered and posted to the student's transcript.
- If the student should receive a FLIC indication for your course, please send an e-mail to Marcia Golembeski (email@example.com) with this information (including the language).
- Leave the Last Attend Date & Attend Hours fields BLANK
- Click Submit
- If the grades were submitted successfully, this message will be listed at the top of the screen: "The changes you made were saved successfully"
- To grade your next course, click CRN Selection (bottom of screen) then continue with Step 6 above.
- When you are finished, click logout (upper right corner of screen) to securely log out of the Dickinson Gateway.
GRADE STATUS REPORT EMAILS:
Once a day, a process will run that will send an email to any faculty member who has submitted at least one grade during the previous day. The email will contain a list of all students in that professor’s courses, which can be used to verify the grades that have been submitted and the grades which still need to be entered.
If there are 2 or more professors assigned to a course and 1 professor enters grades, both professors will receive a copy of the email message.
POSTING GRADES TO TRANSCRIPTS:
Note: Any underclass grades entered prior to the senior deadline, will be rolled to transcripts when the senior grades are rolled.
Grades will be posted to students' transcripts on the grade due date. This means that you can enter grades at any time between now and "the deadline" and students will not see those grades until the grades have been rolled. Subsequently, we will post grades again after any late grades that may be entered after the deadline.
The ability to enter grades on Banner Self-Service will be temporarily turned-off when the process to roll grades to students' transcripts is being run. This will occur on the afternoons of the deadline (and possibly a few other times, if needed) and shouldn't last more than 1/2-hour.
Up until the time that students' grades are posted to their transcripts (Note: Any underclass grades entered prior to the senior deadline, will be rolled to transcripts when the senior grades are rolled.), you can make any corrections/changes via Banner Self-Service. Just log in, select the appropriate term, CRN & Final Grades link, then select the correct grade from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
Once your grades have been posted to students' transcripts, a grade cannot be changed unless the change has been requested by you and approved by the Dean of the College. Grade changes need to be submitted (using the Grade Change Request Form) to the Dean of the College for approval by no later than Roll Call of the subsequent semester. Please consult the Faculty Handbook (page 6-3) for more information regarding appropriate grade change requests.