The mission of Dickinson’s Auxiliary Services and Budget Office is to provide professional, courteous, responsive, high-quality, and cost-effective services to our customers, which include the students, faculty, and staff of Dickinson.
Dickinson’s Auxiliary Services and Budget Office represents a relatively diverse, but interrelated collection of entities, all with the common goal of serving the Dickinson community. These entities are:
- The Office of Conferences and Special Events (CASE) handles scheduling, logistics and support for approximately 6,000 on-campus events each year. CASE falls under the direction of Dottie Warner, Director of Event Planning and the HUB.
- Central Services consists of the Dickinson bookstore, the Devil’s Den convenience store, and the college mail center. These entities serve Dickinson’s students as well as our faculty/staff. Central Services fall under the direction of David Nelson, Director of the Bookstore and Central Services.
- The Dickinson College Children’s Center (DCCC) provides year-round full time daycare services for the children of Dickinson faculty/staff, as well as to families from the surrounding community. The DCCC falls under the direction of Regina Van Kirk, Director of the Children’s Center.
- Dining services consists of our main dining hall, five retail locations, and our catering services. Combined, they meet the dining needs for our students, faculty/staff, and various on-campus events. Dining services fall under the direction of Errol Huffman, Director of Dining Services.
- The Budget Office develops and manages the college’s annual operating budget, conducts various financial analyses, and develops strategic financial plans for the college. The Budget Office falls under the direction of Margaret Stafford, Director of Planning and Budget.