Our equipment office is available for students, faculty and staff to check out cameras, mics, audio recorders, light kits, green screens, dollies & much much more.
We help you along your way from novice to expert and the center helps not only students working on class projects but anyone who needs assistance starting a project.
What kinds of stuff can you here? Well….make a zombie movie, record an album, play video games, record (and blog) your adventure across America and lots of other great ideas you haven’t even thought of yet. Stop down to the media center located in the basement of Bosler hall and let us show you around. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Media Center News & Events
Over the course of alumni weekend, the media center has remodeled the podcast nooks with new desks from Ikea, bringing a new look, along with a brand new recording set-up. Each podcast nook is equipped with new speakers, bass traps, and condenser mics. They also each have new guitar stands for anyone who […]
This past week, I have taken on the job of putting together and programming the media center’s very own Makebot robot. Last Thursday was the first day that I could get the robot to function on its own and even now there are still tons of tricks and codes that I have yet to learn […]
Hey guys, My name is Jonathan Brown, but most people just call me Jon Brown. I’m a film major at Liberty University, but I am a Carlisle local. I’m a huge music and film enthusiast. I’m very excited to see what this summer has for me as I work for the media center. It’s definitely […]
This week, as we move things around and rearrange the spaces here at the media center, I have taken on the job of designing and 3D printing table brackets/stoppers for the table. This will allow us to run the cables we use for the equipment behind the tables and they will keep the cables from […]
Justin McCarty ’15 put together a short film recapping the Dickinson College COP20 delegation and climate mosaic. Also, check out the behind the scenes video by Jessica Poteet ’15
- The Media Center facilities and services are available for use by Dickinson College faculty, students and staff.
- Equipment may be reserved by calling or emailing the Media Center.
- Priority for equipment loan is given to class projects, reservations are highly encouraged.
- Same day requests for equipment loan are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be borrowed for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Borrowed equipment must be returned by the end of the day.
- Late fees will begin to accrue 48 hours after checkout.
- Replacement fees will be charged if equipment is broken or lost.