Our equipment office is available for students, faculty and staff to check out cameras, mics, audio recorders, light kits, green screens, dollies & much much more.
We help you along your way from novice to expert and the center helps not only students working on class projects but anyone who needs assistance starting a project.
What kinds of stuff can you here? Well….make a zombie movie, record an album, play video games, record (and blog) your adventure across America and lots of other great ideas you haven’t even thought of yet. Stop down to the media center located in the basement of Bosler hall and let us show you around. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Media Center News & Events
In years past for orientation we’ve had streams of first years coming through the media center before being whisked off to their next event, small groups pop in for couple hours with just enough time to make a quick iMovie mashup, and even a group sing along in one of our podcast rooms. This year […]
With the rise in 3-d printing and the availability of such machines as an affordable outlet for design and creation with real world application has come the need for reasonable printing design emulators. Sites like thingiverse and shapeways, hundreds of printing designs can be easily downloaded, and after running through the correct software, printed speedily […]
Hi everyone, I am a junior economics and sociology major with interests in hiking, camping, biking, film and fashion. I was born in Beijing but live in Palo Alto, California (in San Francisco Bay Area). Prior to Dickinson, I been traveling around the world along with my parents and attended international schools. I am brand […]
The lite-brite is a toy I’m sure we all remember from our youth. The simple toy, composed of a back light, plastic shell, and a multi-holed interface for the insertion of plastic lights (the impetus for the namesake “light”). The bright then ostensibly refers to the light waves given off by the refraction of incandescence […]
- The Media Center facilities and services are available for use by Dickinson College faculty, students and staff.
- Equipment may be reserved by calling or emailing the Media Center.
- Priority for equipment loan is given to class projects, reservations are highly encouraged.
- Same day requests for equipment loan are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be borrowed for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Borrowed equipment must be returned by the end of the day.
- Late fees will begin to accrue 48 hours after checkout.
- Replacement fees will be charged if equipment is broken or lost.