Our equipment office is available for students, faculty and staff to check out cameras, mics, audio recorders, light kits, green screens, dollies & much much more.
We help you along your way from novice to expert and the center helps not only students working on class projects but anyone who needs assistance starting a project.
What kinds of stuff can you here? Well….make a zombie movie, record an album, play video games, record (and blog) your adventure across America and lots of other great ideas you haven’t even thought of yet. Stop down to the media center located in the basement of Bosler hall and let us show you around. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Media Center News & Events
VLC is a free video player that anyone can download. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ It is also installed on most computers on campus. If the computer you are using doesn’t have a DVD drive, one can be borrowed from the media center. On a Mac after, inserting the DVD you will need to quit the DVD player application, […]
Click the link below to find out how to authorize plugins in Audacity! This is especially helpful for exporting your Audacity project as an MP3. AudacityPlugins
Podcast, Music, and technology, the latest reply all podcast is a combination of things we like. Reply all is a podcast all about the internet and this week they highlighted Song Exploder a podcast the examines the technical aspects of how music is created and the artist’s process. Also,look for us at the October 2nd […]
The Media Center Makery wants to help you get ready for Halloween. Come out to our workshop so we can help you create your Halloween Costume and props. We have a sewing machine, material, hot glues guns and other crafting supplies to get your started. If you have specific supplies needed, bring them along […]
The Media Center and Makery will be at the October 2nd Music Walk/Discover Downtown First Friday. Using Media Center equipment to DJ music and showing you how to use circuits to make your own music. Stop by and say hi to MC Assistants Greg, Purti, and Kerin.
- The Media Center facilities and services are available for use by Dickinson College faculty, students and staff.
- Equipment may be reserved by calling or emailing the Media Center.
- Priority for equipment loan is given to class projects, reservations are highly encouraged.
- Same day requests for equipment loan are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment may be borrowed for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Borrowed equipment must be returned by the end of the day.
- Late fees will begin to accrue 48 hours after checkout.
- Replacement fees will be charged if equipment is broken or lost.