WGRC Communications and Outreach Assistant Application
The Fall 2019 application period is open.
The Dickinson College Women's and Gender Resource Center seeks two Communications and Outreach Assistants for Fall 2019. The WGRC promotes and fosters gender education and equality by providing resources, sponsoring events, and encouraging conversation and dialogue. Practicing an intersectional approach, the WGRC values collaboration and partnership as it works toward equity and social justice.
- Work in collaboration with the WGRC staff and Print Center to design and develop promotional materials for WGRC programs
- Assist with distribution of publicity and outreach materials related to WGRC events and programs
- Assist with programs and events when necessary (this might include helping to set up or break down, taking pictures, escorting speakers, etc.)
- Develop outreach materials that reflect and advance the WGRC’s mission
- Assist with developing and enacting outreach strategy to build relationships between the WGRC and student organizations
- Meet periodically with the director
- Assist with general office support, such as answering phone calls, replying to emails, greeting and assisting visitors in a positive and professional manner
- Other tasks as assigned
- In good academic and student conduct standing with the College
- Interest in gender equity issues and basic knowledge of issues of power, privilege and marginalization
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to work with other students and staff in an inclusive environment
- Ability to work independently, with director’s or administrative assistant’s guidance
- Familiarity with desktop publishing and design software, and social media platforms
- Ability to work 5-7 hours per week (flexible hours between 8:30am-4:30pm, and occasional evenings and weekends to support programming)
Term of Employment
Fall 2019 semester.
Hours: 5-7 hours per week.
Applications received by September 6, 2019 at noon will receive priority consideration.