Are you looking for something fun to do? The Office of Student Leadership and Campus Engagement has pulled together a few ideas for you!
If you have more links and ideas, we would love to see them! Just email email@example.com.
To view past issues of the SLCE newsletter, click here!
Virtual Tours and Museums
Explore the best museums and visit fascinating places from the comfort of your couch! Check out the links below to start taking a tour.
- The Great Wall of China
- Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
- Virtual Arts & Culture exhibits from Google
- The Louvre
- 12 Virtual Museum Tours from Travel + Leisure
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- British Museum
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- Gibson Guitar Company
- Hawaii from Google Earth
- Buckingham Palace, Mount Vernon, and More Historic Homes You Can Virtually Tour
- Explore Mars with the Curiosity rover
- 5 National Parks with Google
- National Parks Service Virtual Tours
- People Magazine put together a great list of virtual experiences, from tours of famous landmarks and museums to virtual Broadway and opera experiences. Take a look!
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic virtual exhibit
- Travel and Leisure list of virtual train rides
Classes and Events
Do you want to try learning something new? There are a lot of options for online classes to scratch that creative itch!
- Skillshare is offering free, two month memberships to .edu addresses. This is an amazing opportunity, and means that students, staff, faculty, administrators, can take courses for free. Creative endeavors are a great way to stave off boredom and anxiety! Please use the link here to avoid having to enter payment information.
- Here is a list of online music festivals – discover new artists and experience live music without having to leave home!
- The Kennedy Center is offering a live daily doodle session with their Education Artist in-residence, Mo Williams, at 11:00AM MST. Past sessions will be uploaded to their YouTube page.
- McHarper Manor is also offering daily art tutorials at 11:00AM MST on their Facebook page.
- 7 free online coding classes from Bill Gates’ favorite websites
- Metropolitan Opera Live Streams, every night at 7:30 pm through 3/22!
Is there a better distraction than animals?! A number of zoos and aquariums have live webcams, from the cuddly to the strange, so take your pick from the options below!
- Cincinnati Zoo – offering Facebook Live shows at 3:30PM EST each day!
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Atlanta Zoo’s Panda Cam
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cam
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Georgia Aquarium
- A virtual tour of the Australia Zoo with Robert Irwin
Fitness and Wellness
Staying active is important, and it can be hard when you’re cooped up inside the house. Try out some of these workouts and tips to stay healthy.
- Dickinson’s own Campus Recreation has online workout videos here and here.
- FitnessBlender – Feature over 600 full length at home workouts. Quick, simple, and to the point.
- POPSUGAR Fitness – Fun, Fresh, and upbeat at home workouts.
- Blogilates – Full length Pilates inspired workouts you can follow along at home.
- Sarah’s Day – Quick workouts aimed at sweating hard and burning fat. Generally, around 15 minutes
- Morgan Tyler – Yoga flows designed to elevate your mood!
- Runners World – Maybe now is the time to train for that 5k/10k
- The YMCA – Take your favorite YMCA class from your own living room
- Yoga with Adriene – a great beginner’s series (specific video on yoga for stress and anxiety)
- Down Dog Yoga App – Free until April 1st for everyone - free until July 1st for students/teachers (must sign-up with .edu email address to access this membership)
- Beginner’s Flexibility Routine
- Les Mills On Demand – fitness video subscription now offering a free collection
Other Fun Activities and Ideas
None of the above tripping your trigger? We’ve got a variety of other ideas to keep you occupied; there’s sure to be one for you!
- Dickinson's own Center for Sustainability Education (CSE) is hosting their Campus 2020 EcoChallenge online! You can see all of the details here.
- Recipes – Check out this recipe for pasta, or this easy one-bowl lemon brownie recipe!
- The Best Cooking Channels on YouTube from Thrillist
- The 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- The Seattle Symphony is offering live recordings to listen to here!
- Spotify has guidelines here on how to make a collaborative playlist with your friends! You can also listen to Rita Wilson’s Quarentunes playlist.
- YouTube has thousands of online tutorials, from crocheting to making towel animals. Here are 10 more of the best YouTube tutorials from The Telegraph.
- Organize a Netflix Party with your friends!
- The Banff Film Festival is offering their 2019/2020 World Tour films online!
- Several races and 5Ks have switched to a virtual model! Wondering what a virtual race is? Here is an explanation of what they entail, and here is a free race to get you started!