Student Experiences within the Office
Pride Coordinators are responsible for supporting a learning environment that contributes to student development, especially around issues of gender and sexuality. The working philosophy of the Office of LGBTQ Services emphasizes the value of maintaining an inclusive work environment that both thrives through the unique qualities of individual staff members and provides student workers with opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Each year, we seek individuals with strong commitments to social justice issues, dedication to cultural awareness, and a strong responsibility for their own personal growth. In addition to the ability to perform the specific duties and tasks of each Pride Coordinator, these positions are best suited to people who are willing and able to develop positive relationships with groups and individuals, will model openness and active learning, and will maintain the highest standards of basic Office services.
If you are interested in learning more about the specific positions offered each year, or reviewing the most recent application, please review the documents below:
- Fall 2015 Pride Coordinator Application
- Pride Coordinator: Programming & Events Coordinator
- Pride Coordinator: Programming & Community Outreach
- Pride Coordinator: News and Digital Resources
- Pride Coordinator: Training and Education
- Pride Coordinator: Faculty and Departmental Outreach
- Reference Check Form
Hiring timeline for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
Fall 2015 Pride Coordinator Hiring Timeline
- April 15th - Applications Due
- April 20th-24th - Interviews Scheduled
- May 1st - Positions Announced
Spring 2016 Pride Coordinator Hiring Timeline
- October 26th - Applications Available
- November 11th - Applications Due
- November 16th-20th - Interviews Scheduled
- November 30th - Positions Announced
If you would like to learn more about being a Pride Coordinator, please contact the Office of LGBTQ Services.