Hello! As an Admissions Counselor at Dickinson, I have the great pleasure of working with students from Missouri, Illinois and the Baltimore area, including Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Howard County.
If someone had once told me that I would one day call Central Pennsylvania my home, I wouldn’t have believed them! As a northern New Jersey resident accustomed to easy access to New York City, I grew up with the best of both worlds – rural, small town community with easy access to see as many Broadway shows as we had time for. What I didn’t expect to find in the Carlisle area are many of the same things I loved when growing up. There is a strong sense of community and inclusivity, the area boasts Instagram worthy views and there are more restaurants than any small town has a right to! For this Jersey girl, Dickinson feels like home!
I was initially drawn to the college because of its location but I have come to love many more aspects of what makes Dickinson unique. Having grown up in an area steeped in Revolutionary history, I am a self-proclaimed history nerd. I love getting to boast that I work for the first college in the newly founded United States! For those looking to experience a global community, Dickinson offers not only one of the strongest study abroad programs but also a diverse student body and faculty. I love that I can be in central Pennsylvania and yet be immersed in a global community. What has been clear to me since day one is Dickinson works tirelessly to foster a supportive environment – there are opportunities to pursue sustainability in and outside the classroom, to immerse yourself in new and diverse experiences and to become a lifelong learner.
Favorite Places to Eat in Carlisle:
- Molly Pitcher Brewing Company – The combo of food and history are right up my alley!
- Spoons – With 50 soups on rotation, there’s always something new to try!
- Taqueria Laurita – A taco truck but indoors? Yes, please!
- Café Bruges – The fries are a must-get item with any meal!
- I attended a public, liberal arts university in northern Pennsylvania, so I am a true believer and supporter of a liberal arts education and the flexibility it can provide you in any of your future endeavors!
- I am a major foodie! When not in the office, you can find me at my favorite local restaurants in Carlisle or in downtown Harrisburg.
- I have been backstage on a few Broadway musicals – my favorite being Man of La Mancha where I met Ernie Sabella, the voice of Pumba in Disney’s The Lion King!
- I lived in Long Beach, CA for a time and have traveled to Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico and the Netherlands!