The Center for Service, Spiritulaity, and Social Justice supports students in finding a place to practice their faith tradition, learning about new faith traditions and exploring spirituality and the big questions in life. CS3 also supports student groups.
Support for Students
Worship Spaces and Schedules
On campus, worship space is available to students throughout the week through the Prayer and Meditation Room. Worship occurs for Christian and Jewish students weekly on campus. In addition, students of all faith traditions join the local community in worship. For information about faith communities in the Carlisle area, see the Local Faith Communities flyer.
Prayer and Meditation Room
Open 24 hours - a space for personal or small group prayer and meditation open to the entire Dickinson Community.
Bottom Floor HUB (near FAS Mail Room)
Dickinson Christian Fellowship Service
Mondays at 7pm in Memorial Hall in Old West
Roman Catholic Mass
Sundays at 3:00 pm in Allison Hall
Confessions are 2-2:45 pm in Room 124 Allison Hall (across from the Interfaith Chapel)
2016-17 Mass Schedule
Fridays 6-7pm at the Asbell Center for Jewish Life, Kosher dinner follows
For more information, visit the Asbell Center for Jewish Life.
For more information about religious organizations at Dickinson, visit the Religious Organizations page.
Our director, Donna Hughes, offers one on one and group spiritual direction to help individuals feel more connected to their faith tradition, find their spiritual direction, or find that deeper and more meaningful "something" in life. If you are interested in knowing more, email email@example.com.
How to Get Involved
Support for Student Groups
- Reserving Space: If you need space for an event, you can book the interfaith prayer chapel in Allison Hall or the Allison Community Room for other events.
- Coordinating with Other Groups: Email RelLife@dickinson.edu with details of what you want to do, how you want to do it, and in what ways we can help you.
- Starting New Religious Groups: Don't have a student group for your religious tradition yet, but want to start one? Email RelLife@dickinson.edu
- Transportation: CS3 vans are available to student religious groups on a first come, first served basis. Contact Kim Sallie at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve vans.
- Any other questions, concerns or requests can be directed to RelLife@dickinson.edu.