In addition to reading the guide above, we recommend that you practice interviewing.
Schedule a mock interview with a career counselor to receive feedback on your interviewing skills. This usually takes 30-45 minutes mimics an actual interview. An optional component of the mock interview is to have the interview recorded. Recording your interview assists in the review process, and you can take the recording with you after the mock interview. Being able to review your interview will only help you to improve your interviewing skills. To schedule a mock interview, call the Career Center at 717-245-1740.
Vault, is a major source of career information. Use it to research employers, industries, and career subjects. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview you can:
How do I use the VAULT?
VAUT is a great way to get insider information about organizations, industries, and professions. In addition, you can search jobs and internships. Here are some of the resources available:
- 90+ e-books covering workplace topics
- 3,500 full-text articles
- 4,000 Employer Profiles and Company Rankings
- University profiles and Internship guides
- Thousands of user-generated reviews on Professions and Employers
- Industry and Profession profiles
- Career and profession discussion boards
Who is hiring through the VAULT?
- 70 of the Fortune 100
- 28 of the top 50 global banking and finance companies
- 7 of the top 10 consulting firms
- 100+ multi-national corporations (MNCs)
How do I log-in to the VAULT system?
Dickinson College Vault Access Link
Students and alumni must log in using their Dickinson email address. If you do not have an account or do not remember your password, please click the Forgot Password link and an email will be sent to you with instructions for re-setting your password. If an account cannot be located, you will be instructed to create a new account.