WHAT IS JOB SHADOWING?
Job shadowing is a great way for liberal arts students to explore a wide variety of careers, make new connections, and gain valuable insight into their preferred community. Taking part in this experience can help students find an internship, job, volunteer, or fellowship opportunity that aligns with their strengths, skills, interests, and values.
Students participating in virtual job shadowing are offered the opportunity to work with their hosts and learn in a wide variety of ways, including but not limited to:
• Meet with an employer via video conference for one to two hours, discussing their work and professional pathway
• Experience a virtual tour of an employer’s work through screen sharing of websites, documents, and other resources
• Be included in meetings, appointments, and events
• Have video meetings between the employer and their colleagues
• Work with the host on a reading, a project, or be included in the work the host does in a meaningful way
Job shadow opportunities will be available for the winter, spring, and summer breaks throughout the academic year. Students are invited to reach out directly to one or more of our 400 parents and alumni offering to host virtual job shadows to inquire about opportunities.
WINTER BREAK JOB SHADOWS – LEARN MORE
|Friday, Nov 13 Information Session – 4PM EST – Sign up here!|
|Tuesday, Nov 17 Information Session – 12PM EST – Sign up here!|
|Thursday, Dec 8 Information Session – 12PM EST – Sign up here!|
|Friday, Dec 9 Information Session – 9AM EST – Sign up here!|
For any additional information regarding the virtual Job Shadow experience, please contact Alex Bygrave, Post-Baccalaureate Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 516-1497.