Externships: Information for Students
Winter Break 2019 Externship Information
Winter Break Externships for Students - Timeline for January 2019 Externships
|Jun 9 - Oct 1||Identify externship hosts and sites, and gather descriptions to be posted for students|
|Oct 19||The Career Center posts externship descriptions in Handshake and starts promoting the opportunities to students|
|Nov 9||Deadline for student externship applications to be submitted via Handshake|
|Nov 17||Emails informing hosts and students of an externship match or no match are sent|
|Nov 30 - Dec 15||Hosts and students connect to finalize externship details and schedule|
|Jan 7 - 18||Time for externs to be on site at Host organizations|
Application & Matching Process
3 Step Process
1. Fill out the Externship Application/Preference Form on the career center website.
Application includes the following:
- Externship preference form. (Students should preference at least 2 externship sites of interest. You may choose less, but are then not guaranteed a match). Students can preference 3 sites at the most.
- Demographic information
- Short essay on why you made the choices you did
2. Upload your resume to Handshake
3. Apply to the Externship Program via Handshake by submitting your resume to the job posting entitled “Dickinson Externship Program”
Students will be matched by the Career Center. The aim is to maximize your options, so unmatched students will be encouraged to consider open externships.
Students will be notified of their assignments on December 15th and a brief orientation will take place that week for matched students.
For questions please contact Annie Kondas, Associate Director of Alumni Career Services and Externships at email@example.com or (717) 245-1740.