WHAT IS JOB SHADOWING?
Job shadowing is a short-term experience in which students can explore a wide variety of careers, make new connections, and gain valuable insight into their preferred community.
This year's job shadow externship program can be either in-person or virtual depending on host preference. The program will run January 3-22, 2022.
Students participating in in-person or virtual job shadowing may:
- Meet with an employer for one to two hours, discussing their work and professional pathway
- Experience a tour of an employer’s work either in-person or through screen sharing of websites, documents, and other resources
- Be included in meetings, appointments, and event
- Attend meetings between the employer and their colleagues
- Work with the host on a reading, a project, or be included in the work the host does in a meaningful way
Job shadow opportunities will be available for the winter, spring, and summer breaks throughout the academic year. Students are invited to apply on Handshake.
WINTER BREAK JOB SHADOWS – LEARN MORE
|Tuesday, Oct 12 Information Session – 12:15PM EST – Sign up here!|
|Wednesday, Oct 20 Information Session – 4:45PM EST – Sign up here!|
|Thursday, Oct 21 Information Session – 12:15PM EST – Sign up here!|
ARE THERE ANY DEADLINES?
- Hosts must submit their job shadow externship experience by October 12, 2021.
- Students must apply by November 12, 2021.
- All job shadow externship postings will be listed in Handshake by October 15, 2021.
For any additional information regarding the Job Shadow Externship experience, please contact Amy Soba, Post-Baccalaureate Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 245-1740.