Academic Advising, Biddle House
(717) 245-1080

Academic Advising coordinates a variety of resources and academic support services for Dickinson students such as: Faculty Advisors, College Deans, Access and Disability Services (ADS), Strategies, Organization, & Achievement Resources (SOAR), and Peer Academic Advisors. Students who are seeking a peer tutor, or one of the many workshops or one-to-one instructional meetings with a learning specialist to discuss various skills and strategies for academic success should contact Academic Advising.

Ask a Librarian for Help, Library
(717) 245-1397

The college library is available to provide help with all stages of your research. You can ask for a librarian at the Library Circulation Desk or schedule an appointment with the Liaison Librarian for a specific department. Help answering research questions is also available by email, IM, or phone. Eligible students with documented disabilities who need specialized assistance in utilizing the library should contact the Associate Director of Access Services, Maureen O'Brien Dermott.

Student Leadership and Campus Engagement, Holland Union Building (HUB)
(717) 245-1671

For information regarding campus life, such as student involvement in campus activities and organizations at Dickinson College, visit the office of Student Leadership and Campus Engagement.

Career Center, Biddle House
(717) 245-1740

Staff from the Career Center are available to provide you with information and assistance in making decisions about prospective employment opportunities or graduate studies. The Career Center will also assist you with questions about student employment and internship opportunities. Opportunities for internships and employment for students with disabilities are available yearly. Periodic email announcements about specific grants, awards, internships, and employment opportunities for students with disabilities are sent directly from Access and Disability Services (ADS) to students who have submitted documentation.

Counseling Services, a part of the Wellness Center Kline Annex, 2nd Floor
(717) 245-1485

The Counseling Center is dedicated to enhancing the healthy psychological, social, and intellectual development of Dickinson College students. Direct service and outreach programs are provided by professional staff, including licensed psychologists, counselors and social workers, as well as practicum students. Three Board-certified psychiatrists provide consultation and medical supervision. Documentation intended for campus psychologists or psychiatrists can be sent to

Access and Disability Services (ADS), Old West - Lower Level
Academic Advising
(717) 245-1734

Marni Jones, the Dean and Director of Access and Disability Services, reviews documentation and coordinates accommodations for students with disabilities, along with providing services for students with temporary impairments. Student requests for accommodations, whether for academic, housing, or dining services, are made confidentially via an online disclosure process. Marni Jones also serves as a learning specialist within Academic Advising to provide workshops and one-to-one instruction on various skills and strategies for academic success. Many of the resources available through Academic Advising are available for all students on campus, and especially helpful to students with disabilities.

Health Services, a part of the Wellness Center
Kline Annex, 1st Floor
(717) 245-1835

The Health Center, as a part of the Wellness Center, is available to provide assistance with medical/health related issues. Dickinson College Health Center is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care. The Center has developed and coordinated numerous campus and Carlisle Community resources which are available to help maintain student health and treat various physical and psychological concerns. Requests for accommodations in housing or the meal plan based on a medical disability are to be made to the Director of Disability Services, Marni Jones, at First-year students who need a car for medical reasons will need to submit a letter of explanation along with documentation from their health care professional to Marni Jones as well.

Residence Life and Housing, Holland Union Building (HUB)
(717) 245-1556

Residence Life and Housing staff are available to assist students with matters related to housing and residential living. Requests for accommodations in the residential environment based on a disability are to be directed to Access and Disability Services (, and Director Marni Jones will work with representatives from Residence Life, Housing, and other campus professionals to determine eligibility for a housing accommodation.

Peer Tutoring, Academic Advising
Biddle House
(717) 245-1080

With the professor's recommendation, peer tutors are available for a variety of courses. To formally request a tutor, the student needs the professor's signature on the Request for a Peer Tutor form, available at the Academic Advising desk in Biddle House.

Strategies, Organization, & Achievement Resources (SOAR), Old West - Lower Level
Academic Advising
(717) 245-1734

For information about workshops and one-to-one instruction in time management and organizational skills, studying strategies, test-taking strategies, note-taking, reading, and writing strategies, please visit the web site noted above, or contact Elizabeth Connelly, Access and Communications Coordinator for SOAR, at 717-245-1734.

Writing Center Library
(717) 245-1620

Tutors with the Writing Center on campus are available to assist all students in their writing assignments. Please visit their link, call or stop by the office to schedule an appointment.