The Take Back the Night Programming Committee has worked together to provide the following resources and information to our campus community members during this time.
The Dickinson Title IX and Sexual Respect Office will continue to be available via phone calls, email and videoconferencing even while the campus is physically closed in response to the current COVID-19 outbreak. If you would like to make an appointment or need assistance, please call us at (717) 254-8316 during office hours, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. or contact us at TitleIX@dickinson.edu.
We know this is a very difficult time for all of our campus community members, and we will continue to find innovative and creative ways to advance the vital work that we do on a daily basis to help our campus community members who are affected by sexual and gender-based misconduct. We will continue to offer services and consultations for any campus member who needs support and assistance.
While we are saddened that we will not be able to have on-campus events and programming, especially for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Take Back the Night where so many of us come together in unity to support survivors of sexual misconduct, we have developed a list below of resources and materials below.
How to Access
The Dickinson library provides access to several multidisciplinary streaming film collections including Kanopy.com. To access the materials for free, simply authenticate yourself as a member of the Dickinson community. Please sign in using your Network/Gateway logon and password.
We have also provided some YouTube videos and websites on the topics of consent, healthy relationships, healthy masculinity, and bystander intervention below. If you have Netflix, there are a number of documentaries that you may view as well.
- Tea Consent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGoWLWS4-kU&t=3s
- One Love Foundation: https://www.joinonelove.org/signs-healthy-relationship/
- One Love Videos: https://www.joinonelove.org/videos/
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (LGBTQ resource)
- The Difference Between Healthy and Unhealthy Love, Katie Hood: https://youtu.be/ON4iy8hq2hM
- Power and Control Wheel
- The Mask You Live In – available on Kanopy
- Violence against women – it’s a men’s issue. Jackson Katz: https://youtu.be/KTvSfeCRxe8
- Who Are You?: https://youtu.be/iUj2OHLAG3w (may be upsetting to some viewers)
- Step Up! Bystander Program: http://stepupprogram.org/
- The Bystander Moment – available on Kanopy
- Unbelievable - available on Netflix
- Audrie and Daisy - available on Netflix
Dickinson College Resources and Support Services - Confidential
- Health Services, Counseling and Psychiatric Services
- Call the Wellness Center to Consult with a Counselor
- You may find additional information on the Wellness Center’s website: https://www.dickinson.edu/homepage/138/wellness_center
For Students and Employees
24/7 Dickinson College - Advocacy Hotline (Advocates from YWCA are working remotely and can connect with you through their phone line):
The Advocacy Hotline is reserved for our Dickinson College Students and Employees. The hotline is staffed by professional licensed counselors at the YWCA who can provide support and information to individuals who have experienced sexual or gender-based misconduct.
YWCA Carlisle’s Sexual Assault/Rape Crisis Services of Cumberland County
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Franco Psychological Associates, P.C.
- Connects you with free confidential Counselor/services
- Reliance 855-RSL-HELP (855-775-4357)
Additional Off-Campus Resources - Confidential
For Students and Employees
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline (from RAINN website): Call 800.656.HOPE (4673)
- Connects you with a trained staff member from a sexual assault service provider in your area
- Gives access to a range of free services such as support from a trained staff member, support finding a local health facility to access services like sexual assault forensic exams, help finding local resources that aid in healing and recovery, information about the laws in your community
- Crisis Text Line (from Crisis Text Line’s website): Text 741741
- Connects you with a trained crisis counselor
- Free, 24/7 support for people in the US in crisis
- Help working through emotions, identifying healthy coping mechanisms, etc.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Domestic Violence Services of Cumberland & Perry Counties
- 24hr hotline 1-800-852-2102
- Free and confidential services
- Emergency shelter, Protection from Abuse Orders, counseling, public education/outreach
- Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project
PA Coalition Against Rape (PCAR)
- Connects you with free, holistic legal advice and short-term representation:
- Survivors of rape and sexual assault often have questions and face legal concerns, including navigating the criminal justice system, safety, employment, housing, immigration status.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC- LGBTQ resources)
- Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
- Women Against Abuse (Philadelphia)
File a Report with Dickinson College – Non-Confidential
Where to Make a Report in the Event of an Emergency
- If you believe you or anyone else is in immediate danger, call – 911
- Carlisle Police Department - 717-243-5252
- Dickinson College Public Safety - 717-245-1111
Make an Online Report
You can remain Anonymous, simply do not include your name or contact information.
The online report should not be used for emergency situations needing an immediate Public Safety, law enforcement or medical emergency response. Online reports are not monitored 24 hours a day and in the event of an emergency, please call 911 or Public Safety at 717-245-1111.
Report to the Title IX Coordinator
The Title IX Coordinator is available to advise any individual, including a Complainant or a Respondent about resources, resolution paths that are available at the College.
For additional information on how to make a report, policies and procedures, please visit Dickinson.edu/titleix.
For the most current information about other campus resources please see the Dickinson COVID-19 Dashboard at: https://www.dickinson.edu//homepage/1380/covid-19_dashboard
We encourage you to contact us if you need support, resources or would like to consult with the Title IX Office staff members.