September 27, 2022
Presented by Dr. Yolanda Flores Niemann, professor of psychology at the University of North Texas.
In this workshop presented by Dr. Yolanda Flores Niemann, Professor of Psychology at the University of North Texas, we will define and provide examples of microaggressions, beginning with viewing the video, Microaggressions in the Classroom, and will describe psychological, career, and physical consequences of this type of bullying. Engaging the participants, we will discuss examples of and potential responses to everyday microaggressions.
In this interactive session, participants will:
- practice recognizing microaggressions;
- understand how microaggressions are part of everyday bullying;
- have knowledge of the psychological, physical, and career consequences of microaggressions;
- practice responding to microaggressions;
- understand that microaggressions are disrespectful;
- discuss future work that can make our campus more inclusive.