Graduate Linkage Program - University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
The University of Bremen was founded in 1971 and has been a model for German higher education ever since. During a recent German initiative to identify the country's best universities, Bremen was named among the top 10 institutions of higher learning in Germany. Hallmarks of a University of Bremen education include interdisciplinary study and research, research-based teaching projects and a pervasive focus on internationalization.
Visit the University of Bremen’s website to learn more about the various graduate programs offered. At this time, only some programs participate in the linkage agreement, and they include:
- Business Studies
- Professional Public Decision Making
- Media Culture
- Transcultural Studies
- German Studies
- Language Science
- Transnational Literary Studies
Preferential admissions consideration will be granted to any Dickinson College senior or graduate who meets the following criteria:
- An overall Grade Point Average of 3.00 or higher
- Test DaF 4x4 or equivalent for programs taught in German
- Submission of a completed application form, favorable references, statement of intent, resume, transcript, and any degree-specific admissions requirements
- Approval of application by Dickinson faculty committee
Interested students can download the necessary application (may be different for each academic department) from the University of Bremen web site. (Please do not apply by submitting an online application.)
Your application will be reviewed by a Dickinson faculty committee. You may be asked to revise some or all of the application materials. If your application is approved by the faculty committee, it will be forwarded to the University of Bremen by mid-April for the following fall admission.
All application materials must be submitted to Laura Kilko by March 15.