AlcoholEdu for Parents
AlcoholEdu for Parents is an online program designed to support your conversations about alcohol that will help shape the decisions your child will make surrounding alcohol use.
The program includes:
- A brief introduction and suggestions on starting conversations about alcohol (15 min).
- An overview of the AlcoholEdu for College course structure and key concepts (5 min).
- Direct access to AlcoholEdu for College, in an easy-to-use format that allows you to navigate freely from chapter to chapter (approx. 3 hours).
- Helpful resources, such as tips on talking to your college student about alcohol, fact sheets on alcohol’s effect on the brain, how alcohol impairs learning and memory, and more.
Please note that your participation is optional. Login instructions are below. If you have viewed AlcoholEdu for High School, we still encourage you to participate in this program as it does address this stage of your student’s life. AlcoholEdu for Parents will be available for your review after August 3, 2011.
AlcoholEdu® for Parents Directions
- Go to: http://parents.alcoholedu.com/parent_login.aspx
- Please review the minimum technical requirements available at the bottom of the AlcoholEdu for Parents login page.
- In the ‘New User’ login box, type the login ID 11P212009PARENT
Do NOT share the Web site and Login ID with your child as he/she will not receive credit for course completion under this account.
Your son or daughter can access the student version of AlcoholEdu by logging in to their Dickinson Gateway account and clicking the “AlcoholEdu” link on the first year students’ page. If your student needs login assistance, please have them contact Tim Poirier, Associate Dean of Students at email@example.com or the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center.
- Click “Sign Up” and follow the on-screen prompts.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for Parents screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.