Move-In Day 2012
August 27, 2012
Tips from Student Life
Get the most out of your first-year neighborhood experience
- Get to know your RA and RCD.
- Participate in your Town Hall Meeting.
- Get involved in annual events like Quiz Bowl, Dickinson Duel and Fall Fest.
- Engage in service with a local community partner.
- Attend a faculty dinner in your neighborhood.
- Volunteer for your Community Association or Programming Board.
Lines of cars piloted by anxious parents creeped and crawled through campus Wednesday morning as the remaining members of the class of 2016 arrived to begin their Dickinson careers. The vehicles were ably directed to unloading zones where swarms of current-student volunteers stood at the ready, whipping open trunks and car doors to transport the new Dickinsonians’ possessions to their dorm rooms. Parents, students and staff remarked on the efficient process, and the vibe was one of a community excitedly welcoming its newest members.
Roommates who had been texting or connecting on Facebook for weeks finally met face-to-face, radios blared pop hits at the check-in tables for each residence hall, red-T-shirt-clad Dickinsonians scurried in every direction and star sightings ranged from the Green Devil to President William G. Durden ’71, both of whom were spotted lugging suitcases themselves.
Check out a sampling of photos below or watch a Move-In Day video, and join us in welcoming the newest members of the Dickinson community during Convocation on Sunday, Aug. 26.