Liaison Librarian for the Sciences
- M.S., Library and Information Science - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2011)
- M.Phil., Hominid Paleobiology - George Washington University (2009)
- B.A., Anthropology - Northern Illinois University (2005)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (717) 245-1838
- Fax: (717) 245-1439
If I am unavailable, please ask at the Circulation Desk (717-245-1397) to see if there is another librarian available, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your research needs.
Liaison Librarian to:
- Anthropology (Research Guide)
- Archeology (Research Guide)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (Research Guide)
- Biology (Research Guide)
- Chemistry (Research Guide)
- Computer Science (Research Guide)
- Earth Sciences (Research Guide)
- Mathematics (Research Guide)
- Neuroscience (Research Guide)
- Physics and Astronomy (Research Guide)
- Psychology (Research Guide)
Background and Areas of Expertise
Prior to getting my library degree, I completed a master’s degree in Biological Anthropology at the George Washington University, with an interdisciplinary focus on human evolution, systematics, and diet. My interests in science focus on the intersection of biology and culture, including the health effects of lifestyle choices, neuroplasticity, and the impact of agricultural and technological innovations on the environment. My interests in librarianship include the role of technology in higher education and the design of physical and virtual spaces for teaching and learning.
I offer a variety of services to assist students and faculty with their research. Please contact me with questions or to set up a research consultation.
I can be of particular help with:
- Finding and developing topics
- Developing research strategies
- Finding and critically evaluating sources
- Citation styles (ACS, APA, etc.)
- RefWorks and LaTeX/BibTeX
- Customizing citation alerts
- ...and much more!