Associate Director for Information Literacy and Research Services (2011-2013, and 2014- present)
Susquehanna University, Interim Director (2013-2014)
- Associate Director for Library Collections (2008-2011)
- Coordinator of Information Literacy (2003-2008)
- Certificate -- Harvard Graduate School of Education - Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians (2009)
- Certificate -- Association for College & Research Libraries, Information Literacy Immersion Program Track (2006)
- MLS -- Drexel University (1995) - Library Science
- BA -- Dickinson College (1993) - History/Education
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 717-245-1868
- Location: Library Office 4
- Home page: http://users.dickinson.edu/~bombaroc/
Liaison Librarian to:
Background and areas of expertise
As a student at Dickinson College, I majored in History and earned secondary teaching certification. My master's research concerned providing effective library service to patrons whose first language is not English. I am responsible for the running the library's teaching program with particular focus on first-year students. Students are my first priority!
I can be of particular help with:
- Historical research
- Primary sources - how to find them and how to use them
- Biographical searches
- Building bibliographies
- Proper citing techniques
- ...and much more!
- Osborne, John M. and Christine Bombaro. Forgotten Abolitionist: John A.J. Creswell of Maryland. Smashwords: House Divided Project at Dickinson College, 2015.
- Bombaro, Christine. Finding History: Research Methods and Resources for Students and Scholars. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, September 2012.
- Bombaro, Christine. "Overcoming the Barriers to Information Literacy Programs: CALM Lab for English Majors at Dickinson College." Reference Services Review 42.2 (2014): 246-262. doi: 10.1108/RSR-10-2013-0050.
- Osborne, John and Christine Bombaro. "Learning to Read the Signs." The History Teacher 43, no. 2 (February 2010): 205-222.
- Bombaro, Christine. "The Clicky Things Rocked!" In Practical Pedagogy for Library Instructors: Strategies to Make Your Students Stand Up and Applaud . Edited by Doug Cook and Ryan Sittler, 40-49. Chicago: Association for College & Research Libraries, 2008.
- Bombaro, Christine. “Using Audience Response Technology to Teach Academic Integrity: ‘The Seven Deadly Sins of Plagiarism’ at Dickinson College.” Reference Services Review 35, no. 2 (2007): 296 - 309. doi: 10.1108/00907320710749209.
- Bombaro, Christine and John C. Stachacz. “Case Study 1: The Library & the First-Year Experience Over Time at Dickinson College.” The Role of the Library in the First College Year. Edited by Larry Hardesty. Columbia, SC: National Resource Center for the First- Year Experience & Students in Transition, 2007.