Assoc. Director for Library Resources & Administration, July 2011 to present
Past Positions at Dickinson
Assoc. Director for Research & Instructional Services, 2006-2011
- MLS, SUNY-Buffalo
- BA, Psychology & English, Case Western Reserve Univ., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Certificate, Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Aug. 2008
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (717) 245-1750
- Location: Library Office 10
- Office hours by appointment
If I am unavailable, please ask at the Circulation Desk (717-245-1397) to see if there is another librarian available, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your research need.
Liaison Librarian to:
Background and areas of expertise
I began at Dickinson College in July 2006. As Associate Director for Library Resources & Administration, I am responsible for management of the library's collections and technical services, as well as administrative responsibilities in project management, communication and assessment.
Before coming to Dickinson College, I spent over 10 years as an academic pharmacy and medical librarian working at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, the University of Nebraska Medical Center, and the University of Michigan Medical and Public Health libraries.
My areas of interest include conducting and teaching information retrieval to support healthcare related research and evidence-based practice. I am particularly interested in helping students acquire the critical appraisal skills they need to evaluate information, given the political, social, ethical, and economic issues that can affect the way in which information is produced and disseminated.
Recent Publications & Presentations
- Arndt TS. Health literacy: a natural role for librarians. Reference Services Review. 2016; 44(2): 81-84. [more information]
- Poster: Arndt TS, Bombaro C. Beyond session counting: a program development model for information literacy. Association of College & Research Libraries Annual Conference. Baltimore, MD, 2017.
- Arndt TS. Getting Started with Demand-Driven Acquisitions for E-Books: A LITA Guide. Chicago, IL: ALA TechSource, 2015. [more information]
- Poster: Arndt TS. Library and Research & Development Committee Collaboration to Support Open Access Publication. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting. Austin, TX, 2015.
- Poster: Arndt TS. What they want, when they want it: cost effective on-demand acquisitions strategies. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting. Boston, MA, 2013.
- Poster: Arndt TS, Wardecker M, Ye Y, Magoon J, Blake M. A digital story telling approach to academic integrity instruction via Moodle. Association of College & Research Libraries Annual Conference. Philadelphia, PA, 2011.
- Arndt TS. Services in a (post)Google age. Reference Services Review. 2010; 38(1): 7-9. [link to fulltext]
- Arndt TS. Reference without the desk. Reference Services Review. 2010; 38 (1): 71-80. [link to fulltext]
- Poster: Arndt TS. Outreach to an Undergraduate Health Studies Program. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting. Honolulu, HI, 2009.
- Poster: Arndt TS, Dermott MO and Brunskill A. Red, Yellow, Green: A Simple System for Collaborative Review of a Reference Collection. Medical Library Association Annual Meeting. Honolulu, HI, 2009.
- Martin PW, Arndt TS, Rana GK. Clinical use of PDAs: the library’s role in bringing medical information to the point of care. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries. 2006; 3 (2): 83-90.
- Gruppen L, Rana GK, Arndt TS. A controlled comparison study of the efficacy of training medical students in evidence based medicine searching skills. Academic Medicine. 2005 Oct; 80 (10): 940-4.