Welcome to Dickinson College! Below are some of the most frequently asked questions by new students.
If you do
not find answer to your question here, please ask at the Circulation Desk (or call 717-245-1397), or visit Ask a Librarian.
- What are the hours?
- Where can I find a map of the library?
- Where can I get help with my computing accounts?
- How do I access the campus Wireless Network?
- Campus Computer Orientation for Students at Dickinson College
Using Library Resources
- How do I contact a librarian?
- Where can I find help with researching a particular subject?
- Where can I get help with citations and bibliographies?
- How can I print, scan, or copy documents in the library, and how much does it cost?
- Where can I listen to music or watch a movie?
- How do I reserve a study room?
Borrowing Library Materials
- What do I need in order to borrow an item?
- How long may I keep the items I have borrowed?
- How do I renew an item I have borrowed?
- How do I get an item that my professor placed on the reserve shelves?
- How do I get a book out of storage?
- How do I get an article or book if Dickinson does not own it?
- What do I do if I cannot find a book on the shelves?
- How do I borrow a laptop?