This page contains the schedule for move-in/Orientation for our new transfer students. Many of the programs parallel those for incoming first-year students, which are designed to provide advising support, campus information and support for joining a new college community. There are some times during the schedule when you will gather as a transfer cohort so that you can meet other students who share your experience! When you arrive on campus, you will receive a more detailed version of your transfer Orientation schedule.
Over the Summer
Required Forms and Exams
- Before you arrive, a number of forms need to be completed. You can find them on the Dickinson Gateway.
- Health Forms
- Placement Exams- detailed information about placement exams can be found on the Placement tab
- Hometown Publicity Information
- Emergency Contact Form
- Music Info and Language Info forms
- Disability Services Disclosure
- Media Relations Forms
- Religious Preference Forms (optional)
- Every Choice Violence Prevention Program (available in early August)
- Housing Form (Transfer housing preference forms will be sent to your Dickinson e-mail in mid-June Transfer Academic Information)
Academic Advising and Course Selection
We recognize the unique academic support needs of transfer students. When your final transcript from your previous institution is complete, send it to the Dickinson College Registrar's Office for review. The official transcript should be mailed directly to the Registrar’s Office at P. O. Box 1773, Carlisle, PA 17013-2896.
Once your transcript has been reviewed you will have the opportunity to work with an advisor to determine your next academic steps. For questions about course registration and information, contact Dean Yarnell, transfer academic advisor and sophomore and junior class dean, at 717-245-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing and Move-in Information
Dan Confer, Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing, will be in contact with you in mid-June via e-mail to collect any roommate and housing preferences. All housing forms will be due by July 1. The Residence Life and Housing will be in touch with you in early August via your Dickinson e-mail account regarding your housing assignment for the semester.
Move-in and registration for Orientation will take place on Wednesday, August 24, from 8-11 a.m.