First Annual History Department Alumni Forum - Feb. 16, 2018
On Feb. 16, 2018, the History Department held its first Alumni Forum, inviting nine alumni with Dickinson history degrees back to historic Denny Hall to talk to current students, faculty and staff about their diverse career paths. Our alumni guests spoke eloquently and enthusiastically on a range of topics, offering advice on everything from achieving work/life balance, to managing finances in the early years after graduation, to navigating career-path changes. One thing all of our alumni guests agreed on was the continuing relevance of the study of history in today's rapidly changing world, and the value of the knowledge and skills they gained as Dickinson history majors. We hope to make the Alumni Forum an annual event! Read more here.
How Alumni Can Stay In Touch
The History Department enjoys hearing from our alumni. Please let us know what you are doing by sending an email to email@example.com and including "Alumni News" in the subject line. You can also connect with us via the department facebook page.
History Alumni Profiles
Below are links to profiles of some of our alumni:
- Reeves Whalen '02 engages the law . . . and everything else
- Christopher Sharples '87 leaves his mark on New York City architecture
- Greg Zimmerman '83 is senior vice president of Big Box Development at Simon Property Group
- Laura Kamoie '92 writes best-selling novels
- Chris Cocores '05 charts a rewarding career in finance
- Jessica Baverman '09 works to improve the lives of Ethiopian Jews in Gedera, Israel
- Henry Sorett '68 has spent his life in the courtroom
- Anastasia Pfarr Khoo '97 is a marketing superstar/activist
- Bud Sturmak '95 ties sustainability to the bottom line with Bluesky Investment Management