The McAndrews Fund fuels a dynamic student-athlete experience at Dickinson.
The McAndrews Fund for Athletics—with gifts from alumni, parents and friends of the college—has helped these athletes excel on the field of play for decades. Because when you make a gift to the McAndrews Fund, you give our scholar-athletes opportunities that would not be available without your support.
Named in honor of Richard H. McAndrews, doctor of physical education and beloved member of the Dickinson faculty (1911-61), McAndrews Fund sets out to:
- enhance the intercollegiate experiences of current Dickinson student-athletes by providing increased current operational funding
- provide greater opportunities for instruction and competition
- create increased opportunities for student recruitment and visibility both locally and on a national basis
- and reconnect alumni to a specific aspect of their undergraduate experience.
The McAndrews Fund allows our teams to travel for training, purchase essential equipment and software, hire top coaches and train top scholar-athletes who will become confident leaders ready to engage the world. Last year alone, gifts to the McAndrews Fund helped:
- 4 Red Devil Teams advance to the Centennial Conference Finals
- 98 Red Devils earn all-conference recognition
- 12 Red Devils earn inductions into Phi Beta Kappa
- and 130 Red Devils become Centennial Conference Academic All-Americans.
As individuals and teammates, Dickinson scholar-athletes are making remarkable strides—achieving successes in the Centennial Conference and in the classroom. Your McAndrews Fund gift is a powerful gesture, affirming the importance of athletics to our community and ensuring our students’ success in both sports and academics.