Intro to College Fairs
Representing Dickinson College
Interactions at college fairs are brief but they can have tremendous impact on the student. Fairs provide an opportunity for visibility for the college and a foundation for future enrollment success:
- Before the fair please visit About Dickinson and Quick Facts for updated information.
- Dress professionally—business casual is always appropriate.
- Register with the school upon arrival at the fair.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the fair, have your table ready at least 15 minutes prior and stay until the stated end time.
- If you agreed to be at a dinner prior to the program, please attend.
- Let us know immediately if you will not be able to attend so we can notify the fair coordinator.
- Encourage students to print legibly and to complete the inquiry cards. We need first and last name, mailing address, e-mail, high school name and graduation year.
- If you are uncertain about an answer, note the question at the top of the student’s inquiry card and the regional counselor will follow up with the student.
- Do not predict a student’s chances for admission.
- If a student is not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States and inquires about financial aid, make a notation on the inquiry card so that we may send the appropriate financial-aid forms and materials.
- If the student has not done so, encourage a visit to campus, which is a key step in the decision process.
- Within three days following the fair please mail all fair supplies back in the original box using the included postage paid return label.
National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) policy stipulates:
- Representatives are to stay behind the table.
- Representatives are not to compare colleges.
- Give-a-ways of any sort are not permitted.