Private Vehicle Registration Procedures

Image of the various decals for back of registered car

All members of the Dickinson College faculty, administration and staff and upperclass students who are currently enrolled in Dickinson College are authorized to use motor vehicles on the Dickinson campus, in Carlisle, or in the immediate vicinity of Carlisle. Dickinson parking decals are required to park on property under the control of the college.

Persons planning to use more than one motor vehicle must register each vehicle separately. Vehicles should be registered immediately upon being brought to campus.

There is no charge to register your vehicle and obtain a Dickinson parking decal. All persons associated with Dickinson College who expect to park a motor vehicle on campus at any time should acquire a Dickinson parking decal. It should be understood that this does not guarantee the registrant a parking space in any particular campus lot.

To register a vehicle on campus simply do the following:

  • Bring your valid driver license, vehicle registration card and insurance card to the DPS office. Inform the dispatcher of where you live or work on campus and what year student you are (soph, jr, sr) Completely fill out the form provided by the dispatcher and return it. Once these steps are completed you will receive your parking decal which is to be placed on the lower left of the rear bumper or rear window left side.

First-year Student Car Policy

  • First-year students are not permitted to possess or operate motor vehicles on the Dickinson campus or in the Carlisle area. This restriction applies to any vehicle regardless of its type, ownership, or registration but does not apply to college motor pool vehicles used in accordance with college sponsored activities, or car sharing services such as ZipCar. This policy is in effect seven days a week. Exceptions to the policy are granted according to strict guidelines and may only be made by the Department of Public Safety. Requests for exceptions must be made in writing by the student and forwarded to the Chief of Public Safety at   Requests for exceptions for medical reasons may require the submissions of documents from your health care provider. Public Safety may consult with the Wellness Center for requests of this type.

More information is on the decals and regulations is listed on the *Campus Parking Policy* page.